Flooring Project Options
Imagine the feel of a plush new carpet under your feet when you wake up in the morning or a beautiful wood floor that won’t get scraped every time Fido runs after his toys. There are a few tricks of the trade that you should know before embarking on a quest for new floors.
If you’re remodeling, now might be a good time to make a flooring change. Whatever you choose, it should be practical for your needs. It’s also important to identify the function of the room. You’ll find a range of hard surfaces: hardwood floors, ceramic tiles and laminate. Here's what you should know about the most popular of residential flooring options:
- Most of the carpeting trends are moving toward softer, textured and more luxurious looks. Area rugs are also recommended to add warmth, comfort, and decorative charm.
- Laminate flooring, which originated in Europe, has recently become very popular. It is both durable and hardy. If you have large pets or young children, then this choice is ideal.
- Hardwood floor trends are moving more toward distressed planks, wider widths, and the introduction of exotic woods. Fiber-Floor, which is easy to install (no gluing required), is among the current hardwood styles. And, if you move, you can pick it up and take it with you!
- Vinyl flooring provides the look of stone, ceramic tile, and hardwood at a mere fraction of the price. Both sheet vinyl and vinyl tiles are a natural solution for the homeowner looking for both quality and design. Linoleum, which is an eco-friendly floor covering, is available in a wide selection of colors, patterns, and will adapt to any decor.
- Floor tiles are a decorators dream come true. They provide both timeless beauty and durability. Travertine tile is another flooring option becoming more popular this year.
- Cork flooring is one more comfortable option and is incredibly warm underfoot. However, cork comes in both natural and artificial forms. Make sure installations are done by professionals with knowledge about sealants and finishing materials.